Who We Are
Christy’s Compassionate Care is a Maryland State Licensed Residential Services Agency (RSA). We provide supportive home care, ADL assistance, and skilled nursing care. These services are delivered and facilitated in the comfort and security of our client’s own home. Each of our staff is trained, licensed in their fields including CPR and First Aid, as well as have had a background check. Our services are convenient and affordable so that no family has to struggle or worry about the care of their loved one.
Our company was founded by Ruth, the mother of Christy, and the Owner and CEO of Christy’s Compassionate Care. Ruth decided to found our company after the passing of her daughter, Christy. Ruth’s only daughter was a graduate of the University of Illinois at Urbana-Champaign and a virtuous spirit who aspired to become a healthcare practitioner. Christy passed away from Acute Myeloid Leukemia in 2008 at the age of twenty-five. Christy was an exceptionally compassionate girl, who loved to volunteer in nursing homes, passionately loved her family, and had a personal touch of love with everyone she came in contact with. After caring for a child with a terminal illness, and as a result of Christy’s passing, Ruth took it upon herself to carry on Christy’s spirit by committing her own life to provide healthcare services with the utmost respect, compassion, and dignity for any person in need.
We have now gathered healthcare professionals who are well-experienced and committed to making sure our cherished clients feel like we are family to them; while our staff helps them to manage their health challenges and live a safe, healthier, independent, and improved quality of life.
To provide a better quality of life for those whom we serve through the delivery of clinical excellence, extraordinary service, and compassionate care with respect, dignity, and professionalism while being recognized as a leader in home health care.
Christy’s Compassionate Care aims to be a hallmark health care agency, known throughout the State of Maryland, for a standard of excellence in service; a high commitment to adding value to the lives of those we serve; and having a workforce of healthcare professionals that are highly-skilled, trained, and committed to making a difference. We believe that every client is unique and that is why our goal is to provide personalized services tailored to each client’s needs, providing our clients choices in their care while assisting them to maintain their independence and safety within their homes.
Our Philosophy of Care
- That healthcare is a human right and that patients have the right and are encouraged to participate in their own care.
- That our community of nurses commits to deliver compassionate, holistic care to the patient in a competent, ethical, and caring manner.
- That the scope of nursing care includes the promotion, maintenance, and restoration of body/mind/spirit for individually-defined health.
- That professional nursing values an interdisciplinary, collaborative process to create a caring-healing, patient, and family-centered environment.
- That our community of nurses are qualified through licensure, demonstrated competence, and a commitment to professional development through lifelong learning.